Sunday, February 2, 2020

Review

A video that I watched this week was a TED talk by Devdutt Pattanaik. I found it funny that in your short video info you included "yes, they have TED talks in India too" India is not chaotic. I love listening to TED talks and just wish there was more time in the day to do all the things I enjoy. I love to here podcasts and TED talks, because they give you different perspectives to think about this video encompassed everything that I noticed when I was growing up. As a person who has traveled to India so many times, but grown up in America, I was able to relate to this TED talk so well. I mean there is order in the disorder as my dad says. His concept that India is able to live in such harmony and people don't feel like outsider despite the numerous languages spoken. He capitalizes on the fact of distinguishing between seeking control or seeking out the patterns. Both routes lead to different choices and thus he ends his talk with the statement that each choice has a consequence. Overall, this was definitely the best 15 minutes I spent on this lovely Sunday. 


My favorite image I found was the image by Molly Hahnof Buddha Doodles, the image just really reminded me of how much I long for summer to be here and just enjoy the beach/pool/lake. I am the person who will put a pool chair out in my backyard and just lay out in the sun.

Happy Sunday All!
No Rush from Buddha Doodles

No comments:

Post a Comment