Thursday, January 16, 2020

Favorite Storybook

Reading Through Other People's Work Feels Like Story Time

My first storybook I came across that interested me was Nursery Rhymes: Connecting the Dots. When I was looking through the stories I was truly intrigued. With a heritage that is deeply rooted in India, nursery rhymes were not a staple of my childhood. I had Indian lullabies sung to me so this storybook's concept was really interesting to me. I loved the fact that on the first page the writer provided a short introduction to each short story so you can easily choose a story to start on. At the end of each story the author also includes the nursery rhyme that the story was based on and that was great. The introductions did a great job of explaining the topics and peaking the reader's interest. I did read through two of the stories and honestly I enjoyed reading through them. The easy layout does help in maintaining the reader's attention. The overall physical layout of the pages was clean and very easy to navigate. 

The second storybook I came across was Aladdin Adventures. I have loved anything and everything related to Aladdin for as long as I can remember. So when I came across this title it peaked my interest as to what kinds of stories I would find. And I was happy to find some really good writing and was not disappointed. It was a different layout than the other storybook. There were the titles of the storybooks at the top, but not short introductions on the first page, which would have been easier to see which story I would like to start off reading. The introduction was good, but I think my style is very different compared to this writer, but the introduction flows well with the rest of the storybook. The layout of the introduction was easy to follow. As for using the design, I don't think I will use this particular design. 

The third storybook I came across is Seeking Love. I loved this intro! It was short and fun. I would like to use something like this, that immediately captures the audience's attention and keeps the reader wanting to read on. It is a different take than the type of literature I normally read so I think that is another reason to why this introduction made me want to continue on with the story. I know as a reader I prefer certain genres so this type of writing is different and maybe I might try it. I love to experiment so maybe I might with my blog. The design of the introduction was very easy to follow and great overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment