Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Iliad

Week 4: Homer's Odyssey

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Jataka Tales

Week 6: Ramayana

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: South Africa

Week 9: The Monkey King

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: California/Southwest

Week 11: British North America

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Alice in Wonderland

Week 13: Nursery Rhymes

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Librivox

Week 15: Crane


I am honestly very excited about the units of week 12 through 15, both weeks are related. I am a very big fan of Greek mythology. I have to credit Rick Riordan for getting me attached to that kind of reading. I have always been a murder/mystery type of person, but once I discovered Rick Riordan's books I was hooked. I was actually surprised by the variety of readings within each unit. I was not expecting as many different options, so that is definitely a plus and exciting. I wanted to mention that before this class I haven't actually taken the time to read content similar to that found in the Native American Unit or the Asian units. I should expand my reading selections, but often it is very easy to stick to the type of reading that you're the most familiar with. I don't think there is any topic I can think of at this moment that I would like to read that's not in the UNTextbook.



I chose this image, because when I came across it while browsing through the stories I instantly loved the black and white of the image. There really isn't much in the image, but you use your imagination to envision and fill in the blackness with color. 

Happy Tuesday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment