Thursday, January 16, 2020

Introduction to a Future Dentist or CEO, Who Knows?

Me, mom, dad, and the not so little brother

Hey all! I hope everyone is loving the first week back to classes, I know I am loving every minute! Well let me tell you some of my quirks and just about myself. 

I am very academically driven and always give my 110% on anything I do. My belief is that work while you work, study while you study, and always put your heart into what you are doing, if your heart is not in the task then it really is not worth anything. I am a social bee and love every minute of my time spent interacting with others. I grew up in a household where we have always valued the feelings of people above all else and believed that community service should always being on the calendar. Servitude is near and dear to my heart and any free time I have I can be found in the soup kitchen, food pantry, or tutoring in schools. 

Okay, so let's get to what you all are probably really wanting to know, what is this girl majoring in if she is still deciding between become a CEO or a dentist. Well, I added accounting and finance in addition to my biology major. So in about 3.5 months, I'll be coming fresh out of OU with three degrees and I am in the process of applying to MBA school. I still plan to take the DAT over the summer, but first thing first is to take the GMAT.  Wondering why accounting and finance of all things, well you could say that business runs in my blood. I love the thrill that I get while crunching numbers and when things balance out and when I sign checks. Biology is a challenge and I enjoy the fact that I have to work hard to get my grades in my science classes. I am biased and tend to like my business majors a tad bit more just because there are so many more opportunities to be involved in the Price College of Business.

My best class I took last semester was my accounting class, because it was my easiest class. With all the ups and downs of last semester my biggest accomplishment is that I survived molecular biology and biochemistry and made the grades that I wanted. What better way to end a tough semester than a trip to the place that makes you happy, for me that is India. For me it was a much needed trip that let me clear my head from school stress and feel like I could take in fresh air. I've gone to India about 19 times now and it never gets old. Some of my most favorite places are in India as you probably saw in my earlier post this week!

Favorites?  That's always tough, but what can I say I have always been a Harry Potter fan from day 1. Would you all believe me if I told I actually listen more to Hindi songs and watch more Hindi movies than English ones? My all time favorite movie is Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham and love listening to Yeh Ladka Hai Allah. Just because my career dreams are all over the place I am still living it up like a college student, eating anything and everything and not being able to pick a favorite. I love food and all things related. My passion for cooking food stems from my parents who are the stars of our kitchen at home. When we cook we love to dance and sing and make sure we laugh a lot and make some very tasty food items. My mom makes about 99% of her dishes from scratch so when the time comes to make something from a box my brother and I know to put in a little effort and make a better tasting dish from scratch. 

With school, volunteering, and work, my gym is my place to decompress from the long day. I started Cross Fit about two years ago and have loved every day of it. In addition whenever some time free time comes I love to cook, dance with my little cousins, and watch movies. 

Thanks for reading! I know that was a lot, but in a nutshell I am a busybody and enjoy working in whatever form it may be. I love life and enjoy every moment of it!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mansi!

    It's nice to meet you! Like you, I'll be graduating this May but with a degree in mechanical engineering. I couldn't imagine graduating with three degrees; that must have taken so much hard work and dedication! I think your degrees really capture your drive and dedication to accomplishing your goals in life! I'm sure you will be successful at whatever you put your mind to, whether that be a dentist or CEO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mansi!

    Your career paths are definitely interesting! I know the feeling of being drawn towards two entirely different career fields while in college. I came in knowing I either wanted to be a lawyer or an anthropologist and ultimately settled on wanting to be a graphic designer (college is kind of weird that way).

    There will come a time where the choice will be made clear on what you want to do (or you may not even have to make a choice at all, owning your own dentistry practice does make you the CEO of a business after all!), and it sounds like no matter what you choose, you have the mindset to excel in what you do.

    Good luck this semester, and I look forward to reading your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mansi!

    I’m super impressed by your choice in majors! You sound very driven and dedicated. I can’t imagine doing all of those at once. Very cool!! Your trips to India sound so lovely. I was born there but haven’t been able to go back unfortunately. Someday though! Your life sounds lively and fun! I wish you the best of luck this semester and can’t wait to read some of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always fun meeting people again for a second tiem around, Mansi: this way the things I read in the Introduction can connect up in my mind with an actual person, not just a name. And this DAT/GMAT combination is something very cool... I'm guessing that it can work both ways: going into the business world as someone who knows about dentistry OR going into the world of dentistry as someone who knows about business will work out very well for you. And yeah for Hindi songs and movies! I made a new Tech Tip for embedding playlists in blog posts and blog sidebars so maybe you can make a playlist of your favorites to share. There's definitely room for India in this class too, so bring on the food and music and places of India... and the India weeks are coming up soon, already in Week 5, and of course you know I'm glad when I see people choosing the India options in those weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mansi!

    You really can do it all! Three majors, volunteering, hitting the Gym, cooking for yourself, and making time for a social life, please tell me your secret! I love your outlook on life, you radiate positivity, something that is very hard to do genuinely. Best of luck on all your exams, I just finished taking the LSAT and all I can say is hard work definitely pays off! You are close to the end, keep up that hard work and I know everything will turn out great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mansi!
    I think it is super cool that you are so interested in what really is two totally opposite majors! Science and any kind of math are not my friend, so it sounds like you can really do it all! You seemed super dedicated and driven by what your heart says, that is an awesome quality to have. That fact that you enjoy volunteering is awesome! If you ever want to volunteer at the Homeless Alliance Dayshelter, reach out to me and we can set something up! I do my internship there and we always need help in the kitchen to serve lunch and sort through clothing donations! :)
    Good luck this semester, you have a bright future ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mansi,

    I am impressed with how dedicated you are to school. Graduating from OU with three degrees is going to open up many doors for you and it will give you a diverse range of options to pick from. I really wanted to become a dentist when I came to OU, but I quickly realized that biology was not my strong suit and that I needed to find something else. You are going to do some great things. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete